Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ok, I'll admit it...I've tried it!!!

Like the title says, I'll admit it...I've tried it...just about every diet that's come along in the last 20 years or so. I've tried every quick fix one can possibly inflict on their body. Just to name a few here SlimFast, Grapefruit Diet, Atkins, South Beach, Cabbage Soup Diet, Lean Cuisine, Special K Diet, Mediterranean Diet, Fasting, Weight Watchers (sound familiar to anyone?) Needless to say they did work for a quick second, only to bring the weight back in a fast minute. I wondered about the infamous, only mentioned in elite gossip rags, Hollywood Diet, as it seemed to work on too many a starlet...the Olsen twins, Kate Moss, Amy Winehouse. As I Googled what this diet consisted of, I suddenly was aware why rehab was part of the program...the Hollywood Diet was smoke a pack of cigarettes (daily) drink coffee in the extra venti eco-envirno friendly cup thru a straw all day long and when the paparazzi isn't around you, do a line or two of cocaine, to continue thru the evening. I quickly decided that one was not an option for me, nor should it be for anyone else, Hollywood or not.
I do have to admit I have taken many a diet pill, usually not approved by the FDA, but the ones you might see on an informerical or by the check-out in Walmart. These are usually herbal supplements that contain a high dose of a natural form of caffeine. What does this do? Well it's pretty simple there simon...speeds up your heart-rate, curbing your appetite, thus not wanting to eat! Oh just watch how those pounds melt off...and after you realize you have not slept in 3 days, your mouth tastes like you've licked all four of your car's tires & there is no amount of cover up that can hide the black puffy circles under your eyes...you throw that $24.99 bottle of nonsense into the trash. I recommend throwing them down a disposal, because you can always be tempted to rummage around the trash for the bottle giving you a quick 3-5 pound fix if you have an event coming up.
After finally realizing the pounds did not jump onto my body overnight, I knew taking them off would take time...(insert clock sound here...tick tock...tick...tock). With that in mind as I entered into my living hell, or as y'all know it, BodyFit Extreme Challenge. I asked the question everyone wanted the answer to, "how do we do this, & keep it off?" Well lemme tell ya'll the answer is simple...eat right, portion control & exercise. Ok who knew right? If only I had listened to my Jr. High PE teacher while she was explaining the food pyramid. Kidding, sorta. We all had to address what our MAIN issue in our diet was...whether it was fast food, too much food, not enough food, snacking, binging, hording or mine (YES I'll admit it...too much vino) once we saw what it was, we all pledged to keep the dreaded FOOD JOURNAL! GASP you say! The horror of it I type...BUT the one thing the Food Journal makes you do is take into account your part of getting YOU healthy & making a pattern to stay healthy. IF you cheat, you only are cheating yourself (WOW I sure do sound like a PE coach here) So, I'll admit, again, I did drink a glass of vino last Saturday night BUT I did put it into my Food Journal, in fact highlighted it in purple. As we move along in our healthy journey realize it's easier to admit you did it, rather than lie to the Food Journal!

2 comments:

  1. good job keeping yourself accountable by actually putting it in the journal!

    and what about the "froggy" post you promised... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, kido, thanks for the plug in yesterday's blog. Let me know what I can do to make you even more "together" for the remainder of this lifestyle change.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete