Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Beginning...Am I Ready For This?

Life comes at you fast...age creeps by faster & your health can escape from you in lightening speed. As I know all too well as I approach my, well I'll call 'em my "growing up phase" oh what the hell you can look @ my Facebook profile and see it there in black n' white...MY FRIGGIN 40th b'day (NOTE: in a year, ok 10 months to be exact)...Thus enter FACEBOOK stage right now. So, me and millions of my close "friends" on Facebook, had this opportunity knock @ their post or inbox. What you didn't get it you say? Well, I must have gotten yours as I received not 1, not 2, or even 3 for that matter...but 9 invitations, from my "friends" no less, to become a part of "BODYFIT" What the hell is BodyFit you might ask, well here's their definition taken from their website, "We're motivation, fun, and support for those who are interested in or love to workout at BodyFIT in Columbia, South Carolina" So you thinking the same thing I am...who the hell really likes to work out? Insert sound of crickets here...chirp...chirp...chirp...The answer my friends...NO ONE! As I was about to press the "delete" button on my inbox, I asked myself...Kimbo what the hell have you got to loose besides about 7, 8 ok 12 extra pounds? With that pressing into my elastic jogging shorts, I decided to submit my entry to the (insert official name here) BodyFit's EXTREME Workout Challenge with my real age (39) height (5' 7 and 3/4 inches) & weight (EDIT) as I press the enter button, I laughed to myself saying outloud...what's the worst that can happen?

About an hour later, I get a phone call asking what time could I be @ the BodyFit's studio to audition? Sputtering out loud "ummm in 20 minutes" into the phone, to which the voice of OZ said "see you then!" I scrambled to find a workout outfit that fit decently, a t-shirt that wouldn't offend anyone and matching socks as I ripped off the tags off my recently bought Asics. I looked around @ the people waiting before me, they all looked well happy to be there. I mean really excited to the point where 2 chicks were sweating and fanning themselves. As my name was called, I looked @ everyone, rolled my eyes & said "break a leg everyone!" & the people in the waiting room all smiled back & said "GO FOR IT!" As I opened the door BAM lights camera & action came straight to me...blindingly I found my "X" spot turned to the camera, cast, owners, trainers & answered the $64,0000 question..."Kimbo why do you think you need BodyFit Extreme in your life?" Without any hesitation...I lifted up my shirt, stuck out my apparent tummy, muffin top, beer gut, call it what you like, turned to the camera & said "America, you might think I'm pregnant, BUT I'm not---even though I've been known to park in Publix's expectant mother's parking spot. I'm here to get back the one thing I've lost...my health & well-being!" Seemingly enough I managed a cute smile as I rubbed my pushed out stomach, holding my breath too. As the light on the camera went out, the crowd looked at me, laughed & said you are what we are looking for...I added "well if you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of?" At this point the trainer, beautiful greek god he was, stood up & asked me, "KIMBO (he hollered) are you ready for this?" Not skipping a beat I replied as a smart-ass that I am, "ready...ARE YOU READY FOR ME?" Wheesh, I thought I just committed myself to 60 days of pure hell, daily workouts, no alcohol, filming the entire time, diet changes...but you know what I was ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment